Stranger things Ice Cream Coming to BnR
Thursday, May 30, 2019
Posted by: Steve Christensen
Baskin-Robbins is launching several “Stranger Things”-inspired ice cream flavors and sweet treats in June.
Season 3 of the Netflix show will be released on July 4.
The two new flavors the Canton, Massachusetts-based chain is unveiling are Eleven’s Heaven, waffle cone-flavored ice cream with chocolate-coated sugar cone pieces and a chocolate-icing-flavored ribbon, and Upside Down Pralines, chocolate ice cream with praline pecans and a chocolate-caramel flavored ribbon.
For those unfamiliar, Eleven is the name of one of the key characters on "Stranger Things," and the Upside Down is an alternate dimension.
Baskin-Robbins and Netflix are also partnering to create a Scoops Ahoy ice-cream truck, a reference to the ice cream parlor that's on the show. It will serve fans on the West Coast in June.
Baskin-Robbins' other "Stranger Things" tie-ins include:
- Upside Down Sundae — a sundae made with Upside Down Pralines, but built upside down with the toppings on the bottom
- Demogorgon Sundae — a waffle bowl sundae that looks like a Demogorgon monster
- Byers’ House Lights Polar Pizza Ice Cream Treat — a chocolate chip Polar Pizza crust with Snickers ice cream, topped with strings of fudge and M&Ms Christmas lights, a reference to the lights hung up in the Byers' home on the show
- USS Butterscotch Quarts — butterscotch flavored ice cream with butterscotch toffee and a toffee ribbon
- Elevenade Freeze — a drink made with vanilla ice cream and Minute Maid lemonade.
"When Netflix originally approached us about a partnership, we immediately recognized a number of fantastic synergies between Baskin-Robbins and 'Stranger Things,' including the fact that Steve Harrington was going to have a summer job at an ice cream shop," said Dave Nagel, senior director of consumer engagement at Baskin-Robbins, referring to one of the show protagonists.
The ice-cream chain also will sell exclusive "Stranger Things" merchandise, such as a Steve Funko figure, 1980s-inspired magnets and sticker sets and Stranger Things T-shirts. And fresh-packed ice cream will be sold in four limited-edition take-home containers with show-related designs.
For more information about this story go to: